4.14.2008

a perfect late afternoon

Photobucket

“Today you are You, that is truer than true.
There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
-Dr. Seuss


This is the quote that ran through my head all night last night. I have been itching to take Bella outside to practice my photography. I asked her if she wanted to go out yesterday afternoon:
"Sure Mom..(last name here) 's never give up and I know you have wanted to picture me"

I was all too happy and we rushed out. The greatest part about this afternoon is that she had no reservations, she was having fun, smiling, laughing, telling me jokes, all the while not caring at all that the camera was in her face..this is unusual. Afterward, we stopped for an M&M break on the curb, I wish I could have gotten a photo of the both of us at that moment...it was really sweet when she wanted to do a "cheers!" with our M&M's.


I *loved* our late afternoon together, she is simply the most beautifully spirited, hillariously funny, sweet natured little daughter God could have blessed me with.






















Also, thank you for indulging me with all my photo overloads. I'm not working at the moment so its really all thats keeping me busy, my insane drive for perfection! (and I love it) Thanks for looking and all your nice comments!!

10 comments:

Erin said...

Kristen, where did you take these pics? They are all terriff! i love them and them model ain't half bad either. Also love the watermark.

Mandy said...

So lovely! I especially love the color one with the brick wall and flowers. You are getting so good, it is almost time to open up your own business!

Lyric Payne said...

Those pictures are phenomenal. Great work. And she does seem like such a perfect little girl...a lot like her mom!

j and k said...

Wow! What beautiful pictures of the sweetest gal! She's so precious!

Raina said...

ok.. GREAT AMAZING FANTASTIC job! The pictures are perfect. The tones are so clear, nothing is blown out, the subject couldn't be cuter. Each picture is like its own little story. I love these. I love the grass, and the brick wall. The feet are too cute. I think you nailed this one. :D

Andrea said...

ok.. so I am going to bring TONS of outfits, and we will do Photo shoots, lots.. Kris these pic are the Bomb! Bella is Such a pro, she's been in front of that thing so much, I bet she can tell you everything about how to work it, more than the Sesame carachters.. lol.. that's So Sweet!

Jen said...

Kristen, your photography is freaking me out. PLEASE start charging everyone but me a zillion bucks for a sitting fee.....you are AWESOME! Darling pictures. That wall is perfect. I can't stop looking at these!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

Thank you all so much for your nice comments, they made me blush! I wondered if I just had my "mommy goggles" on....Thanks for sharing the love with me :) This wall is so random, its just outside of the post office on main street in Bountiful. I accidently saw it trying to find a place for pictures that afternoon, I love how it looks in photos :0

Phoebe said...

I love that sassy girl! You totally captured her in these photos.