5.30.2009

Its my blog and I'll cry if I want to

I came across some pictures that I love that never made it to the blog. I am sort of sitting here reminiscing and getting teary eyed, which for those that know me, know thats not really hard to do in the first place. Plus, whenever I blog, I listen to music, and music to any picture just gets me everytime. I guess I am feeling a bit nostalgic about our time here in Utah. Buddy is ramping up for the big push to graduation. He is tirelesly working amidst feeling so burnt out with a riguourous schedule of clinical hours, preceptor hours, full class load and graveyard shifts at work. See, he was in his first year of school when his dad was diagnosed with Cancer. The thought of taking a break to spend time with him was a very real possibility. But Mike wasnt hearing it. He told Buddy he was to keep going, and expressed how proud he was of him. And Buddy hasnt stopped. That was 4 years ago. Words can not express the pride he would feel if he were to see his son now. If only.



When we moved to Utah, we were so very excited to be progressing along the path we have worked so hard towards. Utah being a place I knew would be temporary, it took me until now, a year and a half later, to say to Buddy "Im really going to miss it when we move" I dont know how much of the missing will be the state, or the memories. Oregon is our home, we belong there, but Utah, sweet Utah. I love the struggling student life, as hard as that is to say. Being poor has its perks. I'll tell you when I compile them. Back to here, its where I have tried to pour myself into photography to not forget about what out life is like at this stage. So when we are more comfortably living, and the kids have earbuds stuck in their ears, when their friends have more pull over their decisions than we do, when we have decent furniture and the wall art isnt yesterdays crayon, or lunch for that matter, when Buddy and I see a good time as going to a dinner and a movie *by ourselves* as the perfect date. I can look back and remember that there was a time when the kids, 5 and 2 clung to us like a sock right out of the dryer, when we took walks on Sundays, when we played in the mud, when we had balloon fights on the first hot day of the summer, when we made up stories and what we imagined was every bit as real as the air we breathe. Its the time in Utah. They wont be 5 and 2 anywhere else. I have to document every second..I dont want to forget. There are sort of alot of photos, but theres no such thing as too much when it comes to memories.

Sidewalk hopscotch

Photobucket


Photobucket

Playing with bubbles
Photobucket

Photobucket

buying more bubbles..
Photobucket

having fun in the backyard
Photobucket

Photobucket

dancing in fields
Photobucket

just being together.
Photobucket


Photobucket

8 comments:

Kate said...

What a beautiful blog post Kristin.
You made me not only cry, but remember how fleeting these moments are. Much love, Katie

Kristi said...

Have I told you I think you're the coolest photographer ever? Yes, I have. Sorry, but .....I'll continue to tell you every time I see your amazing photos.

So, you asked how this blog stalker found ya. I had to really think and try to figure that one out. I couldn't. It had been too long. Then I looked at your side blogs you view and I remembered! It is Lyric Payne! I am good friend's with her sister. So, I saw her blog from her sister's and yours from hers. I saved yours and have visited ever since. There was just something special about your writings, love for your family, and of course, your amazing photos, that made me mark your blog as a FAVORITE.

I am sure glad I did because I have had so much fun getting to know you through blogging! Thanks for being you, because I think you're pretty incredible!

Mandy said...

What a darling post! Thanks Kristen, for today's reminder to love my kids at the age and stage they are in!

Marta said...

You are always so insightful! Thank you for that. You remind us of what truly matters and what we should be focusing on! You truly amaze me. I am so glad that I have such an amazing friend to look up to!

Raina said...

You capture such sweet moments that I would totally look beyond. I love the photos.. and the memories that you share.

Andrea said...

ok.. that made me teary eyed.. I think that's so sweet.. all the time you have in utah, they will never forget. Even the times I have been there, it was like a big camp out.. like they knew this was not there. " Home" but they were loving every min of it. I know you can not wait to get back to oregon, We all miss you teribly, but.. I know you will miss these sWeet Photo Sites you found, and the precious memories you have all had, long drives to provo, to go to the parks.. while buddy picks up his clinicial's..
all this hard struggle, College life will be payed off soon..
I can not believe how much they have grown on your blog, it's true.. people that do not know you, can watch you and bells, & mo grow up.. it's So sweet.!! Love u..
Muah...

j and k said...

You're an amazing photographer! I love all those photos-and you're right...you'll cherish those times in Utah. But, of course-you can't live there forever. I won't let you. You have to come back!!!!!!!

Jen Demaris said...

amazing! come back to these parts and teach me something! are you guys ever going to come back to oregon?