7.15.2008

Beauty everywhere

I was on a walk a few nights ago and noticed the sun peeping through the yard on an empty lot. I couldnt wait to take Bella there to see what we could come up with. I decided to go last night as the sun was setting. I bribed her with a giant lollipop and she semi-willingly obliged to help by being my model. I took a million pictures and left feeling really discouraged. First, the sun was super low and I wasnt sure I got the shot that I was hoping for. Second, the lollipop dropped and broke in two..go figure...which made her upset. Third, the wheat stock looking plants were really itchy and she was wearing a dress, you can probley imagine.
All in all, even though it looked pretty, theoretically, I didnt think I struck gold photographically. I put my camera down and didnt even look at the pictures until this morning.
Its funny what a nights sleep can do to your perspective.



Photobucket




Photobucket

12 comments:

Shonda said...

beautiful! I love how you captured the light!

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh! Beautiful! Did you see that picture Shonda took of Simon? You've done the same thing . . . and it is soooo beautiful.

Raina said...

GREAT Job!!! I REALLY love the light and the setting. Too cute!

j and k said...

Beautiful with a capital B for Bella also! Those are amazing photos! I love them-especially B's hands tossed into the air with a giant lollipop!

cryssal said...

I love the broken lollipop, there is a lesson to be learned here, Life can be great even if your lollipop is broken!

Erin said...

Those are beautiful with a capital B! How did you dothe first shot?

Michelle said...

The first picture looks like Bella belongs on a Ralph Lauren ad. She is beautiful! You are so talented!!!

Corey said...

Even though this was sunset, it looks like sunrise and seeing this each morning would make me happy to wake-up and start a new day. Bella is such a beauty!

One of my good friends is pregnant and due in a couple of weeks and she is naming her daughter Isabella as well. What a great name!

Anonymous said...

Sister I have said it before and I'll say it again--you have TALENT! I love that first picture of bella. So we want you to take our picture in aug. How does that sound? btw Dave is not excited to get his picture taken... he might be harder to cooperate with than any terrible todder!

Jen said...

That is so cool. Kristen, you are far better than you realize..........which I guess is part of why you are so awesome! I miss you!

Andrea said...

I know I am late blogn this one ... I LOVE it! No wonder she wants to be just like you, you take her out for photo shoots, and the lighting it So right one.. I think next time you doubt your self, look at this one, and then all the others that you have posted.. you are So Great Kris.. I CAN not wait until you snap some of the Baby! Oh.. I can only Imangine! I am still looking for a Scale, they are hard to find here as well..
Love ya...

The McClellan Clan said...

A-MAZ-I-N-G!!!!