I'm a little late in posting, but I re-heard a voicemail tonight that left me laughing and it reminded me to post about our 24th. The msg went something along the lines of
"Hey Kristen! Just wanted to wish you a Happy 24th (chuckling).....just kidding, I just had a question for you....."
Its kind of how I used to feel about the 24th of July. Not that its not an awesome day, its just living outside of Utah, well, I never really celebrated the day. It was quite cool to field questions from Bella about who the pioneers were and why we celebrate, and to share stories. Man, she is one smart cookie, she gave me the run down on the whole treck out west...her primary teachers are pretty awesome.
We then went for a pony ride..
The way Buddy is trying to get him to look at me...and he will have nothing to do with it..yeah, thats pretty much how it always is with Moses...thanks for trying Buddy!


My view of Moses..I just love this. Its something so simple, a view I see all the time, but really, there isnt much longer that I will get to see this sweet little view of his legs and tiny fingers and cute little blond hair. He is growing up and quickly. Its funny what a picture can do to your emotions..
And finally....the pièce de résistance...fireworks. My kids are terrified of them. Isabella is vocal about it..Moses just shakes. (so sad :(
Just to get Isabella to hold a sparkler was a task best forgotten. We didnt want to force it by any means, but we knew she really wanted to try. I love the last picture because its a perfect sampling of her tender little feelings. half terrified, half excited out of her gord! The first picture was a feeling of absolute concern when I told her we were going to get sparklers..
Then when she actually did it..she was so proud of herself. ..like I said, half excited, half.....nevermind, you get it.
And that is how we celebrated the 24th.
If you stuck with me till the end of this post, you must be one of two people. Hi Mom. Hi Dad.








6 comments:
I love that she is waiting for the cotton candy with her hands behind her back. She is such a sweet little girl!
I'm trying to fugure out a way for Pioneer Day to become a big holiday out here. So far I've come up with nothing.
What I stuck with the whole post.. lol.. I love thoes Pic kris. I remember the good old days. in bountiful. I am surprised that bells held the sparkler. I love the pic when she is So sad though, you can almost see her little tears strolling down her face. And all the moments you caught, it was like I could smell the Elephant Ears again! That brought me back.. Thanks.. Miss you...
Love u
Dre
I am so sad we did not see you there, we were so close. Love the pictures. I'm also so proud of Bella being so brave!
That is a great post! First of all, I am a bit jealous that you get an extra holiday in July, and it looks like you had so much fun! Olivia is in LOVE with cotton candy, as well! I love the picture of her handing over her ticket, but the BEST are the last two pictures, especially the LAST one! Man, that Bella can show some awesome expression! We miss you guys so bad! This post broke my heart that we can't hang out with you!
I love this post! What a funny picture at the end too. You're not alone in the fear of fireworks area... Trenton will have NOTHING to do with them. I think her face is just too cute!
Post a Comment