10.20.2009

saturday morning

Photobucket




I love bringing magic into our kids life. My dad made magic a big part of my life growing up with all of his tricks, and I just think its fun. So on saturday mornings we have a magic show, otherwise known as the saturday morning magic show (Im so creative when it comes to names, huh) This past weekend, in honor of Halloween, we made witches brew, the kids thought it was the coolest thing ever, and I secretly did too! Then for dinner, I made witch hat soup to keep the witch theme going. It was so yummy and fun. And the kids totally dug my cauldron bowls, thankyouverymuch :)


Photobucket





Photobucket



That evening we went to Gardner Village to show the kids all of the witches. Little did I know it was witch night out and the place was swarming of decked out witches. You should have seen these ladies, they go all out, it was so fun to see. Moses could not stop staring at the ladies with green faces and huge hairy warts on their noses,he was just mesmerized. We went on the "ride to a witch" and met real witches who showed us their house and potions and magic spells, it was delightfull! We topped it off with hot chocolate and called it a night. What a great witchy weekend!


Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket

8 comments:

Jen said...

So cute. I might just die right now. I have never seen anything so adorable! What? Witch hat stew??? Tiny cauldrons??? I need to step up my creativity! You are an inspiration!!!

Andrea said...

did I miss something growing up? I do not remember dad doing magic shows.. I remember the penny in the ear thing.. hmm..
cute that you do that with them though.
way to go martha

Betsy said...

I hope to be half as good as you are when it comes to doing cute stuff for my kids when they're older. LOVE IT!!!

j and k said...

Seriously...you take the cake on creativity and fun! I am so impressed! I love that you bring so much magic into their life!

Raina said...

I need to be calling you!! Maybe I should RIGHT NOW! I need to know what you did for all this fun. I just might have to copy all this creativity!!! Way to go!!!

cryssal said...

What a witchy woman! What a spooktacular day!

Marta said...

Kristen- you are just truly AMAZING!!! You make the rest of us "mediocre" moms look bad!! But I love you for it! What a fun, fun day!!!!

Michelle said...

That first picture of the toes poking out of the back of the chair had me so confused! I thought that was supposed to be the magic trick and I could not figure it out. :) I love all the fun things you do! How did you come up with the cauldrons? They were great! And I would love for you to share the recipe for the witchy drinks!