12.18.2009

New York day 2

I think we all slept so good on Friday night and ready for another fun day!

Photobucket


My sister Kim met us for the day so we were excited to see her and be able to spend the day together. We met in Times Square and found a fabulous little hole in the wall drug store that sold the most fantastic breakfast! We could smell it down the street! It pays to ask a Police man where to go, we had the yummiest omelets, burritos, pancakes, juice, cereal, you name it. For such a reasonable price, again, I was so happily surprised that food didnt have to cost us an arm and a leg as I had expected. Unlike the day before, today was a blusstery, cold, rainy snowy day. We for sure were bundled all day, but it didnt deter us, no way.

Photobucket


Photobucket


After breakfast, we took the train to see the statue of Liberty. We decided to take the Staten Island Ferry for a ride, it was a good choice..and free :) When we got off the stop at Battery park next to the ferry terminal and saw her out in the water, it was such an exciting feeling! The only thing that Bella said she wanted to do was see the statue of liberty. We were surprised she really even knew about it, I know, we need to be better at teaching these things I guess. We hustled our way onto the ferry and found a prime spot out on the deck as we toured around. We were all surprised at how much more small she looked in person. I guess when you see it on TV, it seems so much more big. She was definatly impressive none the less and we were happy to have been able to see her!.SO happy!

This is our fabulous, likely once in a lifetime family photo shot..nice huh?
Photobucket



beautiful!
Photobucket

My sisser!
Photobucket

It was such a cold windy rainy snowy day..we didnt care.
Photobucket



On our way back uptown, we stopped in Chinatown to shop on Canal street. What an adventure..there is seriously shady dealings happening here (OBVIOUSLY, RIGHT!)! Okay, I will admit, I didnt really get it. Obviously, the purses are knock offs, so its not like we are attempting to buy real Prada bags for a basement price, I just didnt get it. When I googled it at home, I now "get it" but still...all that for a bag? I still got one, a really cute, no name, blue slouchy bag that I adore. I also picked up some bracelets for Bella and I . It was fun, dont know that I would take kids there again though. By the way. my face looks really weird here, Ill blame it on the disposable camera..yeah, thats it, the camera.

Photobucket



It was getting late in the afternoon, and if we didnt catch the Museum of Natural History, the kids were going to be sad. So we left Kim and her friend to do more "shopping" and headed to the Museum. Afterall, DumDum and Rexy take presidence at this point. It really looked nothing like the movie, but it was fun anyway.

On the way there, I had a moment that cofirmed Buddy and I arent exactly polar opposites as I sometimes tend to think. We stopped by McDons to get the kids a quick lunch. Buddy ordered while I got the kids settled at the table. When he came with our food he asked me what I was doing, I guess I looked spaced out or something. I told him I was just people watching (fascinating, by the way) one man inparticlar which was sitting behind us, digging through the trash for scraps everytime someone left. That was the end of the conversation. We ate and we left. once outside, I noticed Buddy was not with us, but back in the line for more food, which he discreatly placed on the mans table and walked out. I wanted to do that. I had it in my mind I was going to, but Buddy and I were totally in sync. I really love this little moment.

Back to The museum, it was a dream, if you've been there, wouldnt you agree? We totally loved it!

Photobucket


There were these big displays, this one was the bird section, obviously, but it was like looking into the wild through a window, it was so lifelike and awesome!
Photobucket

This was popular, a line for pictures and the kids wanted to give him gum..so pop culture. We rolled with it. (mainly because we know little other than its an easter island statue :)
Photobucket

Rexy was popular too..it was hard to even move around in there. The kids died and went to heaven at that moment.

Photobucket


Photobucket

After the museum, we walked outside to snow snow snow!! It was bitter cold and our noses were going to fall off. We were going to have dinner at Serendipity but when we called for reservations, they were booked. So...we headed back to Times Square, really the night life there is the best, I just loved the energy.

Photobucket

I love this swinging shot of Bella. To be a kid again...
Photobucket

Moses found a Chase gift card on the ground and was attached it it. He calls it His credit card and told us he was going to "pay for ours dinner" He still loves that card.
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

We ate at a mexican place NOT highly recommended. In fact, we thought the food was awefull and paid almost $100.00 for nachos, tacos and salad and non refillable cokes. We took Kim to check out the tree, then she and her friend took off to their hotel and we stayed and par-tayed! Isabella got a free Hershey bar ticket from the Concierge so she redeemed it tonight. Its a way fun store with all the best candy. The kids were hershey factory workers and cranked candy into our own tin. They thought it was so cool.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Since we are talking about Candy,,we hit the M and M store on Day 1..I just forgot to blog about it I guess :) Notice my death clutch on Bella. I was really relaxed, but with so many people, I think I constantly had a grip on them and didnt notice how tight. They didnt complain, so maybe I'll just blame the camera again on my disturbingly claw like hand.
Photobucket

In front of the Hershey store is a huge board you can get your photo taken and they will display it, we wanted to do it but couldnt figure out where to go, so we just went to look. Plus, there is a great view of 42nd street from the platform.

Photobucket

We walked by and checked out Radio City Music Hall, NBC Studios, Christies (LOVE!) and some neat christmas features... :)

Photobucket

Although we just had dinner..a must for us in New York was a hot dog off the street! So we devoured 2 with mustard only..and it was good. all good.

Photobucket

We ended the night by walking around and just soaking it all in for one last night. We had a starbucks hazelnut vanilla hot chocolate and hit the hotel by midnight.

Just a few randoms. We saw the most interesting people. One guy had a pig mask on just sitting on a bench watching people. When Moses saw Elmo, he freaked, yanked out of hand and gave him a huge hug. Its not like disneyland, they arent there to cheer up the little ones..he kept holding his bag out for money and Moses just kept saying "hI elmo, I love you elmo" I took his hand and quickly walked away as he was still holding out his money bag. I should have given him something but I think hes kind of scary looking.

Photobucket

Crossing the street I literally bumped into a gentleman with the stroller and turned to say excuse me..turns out it was Tracy Morgan from SNL!! Now I REALLY have a truth for 2 truths and a lie..a good one too :)


lOVE FROM US! Day 3 will hopefully be comming up soon!


Photobucket

7 comments:

j and k said...

I am just dying over how much fun this trip must have been! You guys look like you saw and did a little of everything, but mostly just had a blast being together. What a magical time of year to go there!

j and k said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

I just counted at least 3 more awesome family photos, Christmas card ready, or you could just do a collage. Have you already done them??? I LOVE this post. You guys seriously packed in so much fun! I wish I could have tagged along! And, I lOVE you blue purse and that picture with you flaunting it. So cute right in front of the Canal street sign!

Raina said...

Oooo... I just love this! I'm oozing with jealousy. I love that you got to see so many fun things, and what great pictures to prove it! You look radiant in all of your pictures. I just love all the smiles and the fun sites in the background. :D

Anonymous said...

how fun!!!! ---I want to go back to NY!!! where all those pictures taken with a dispos. camera? if they were, that's amazing!

see ya tonight!!

Anonymous said...

*were not where---

Erin said...

Wow! Talk about being out of the bogging world, but what a fun way to catch up. looks like the trip was splendid. I too love the bag and the tree looks so pretty. I love that pic of you and Bella with the sparkly lights. It all looks so fun, I want to be there this very instant. Let's get together soon.