There are a few things you may not know about me. I am a wife, a mother, a Jetblue employee, a chef, a taxi driver, an accountant, a plumber, a teacher , a physcologist and.....I AM the tooth Fairy. I transform into a tiny little fairy whenever a tooth is lost. See, I just cant stand the thought of a lost tooth. I am one who believes strongly that every tooth needs love, and in return for lost teeth, a reward must be given. When this transformation happens, I become as teeny tiny as a spool of thread, and can fit through the smallest crack in a window sill or appear instantly by a flick of my wand, anywhere that a tooth, or sweet child needs me. I have a mysterious and magical wand that puffs glitter every time you lose a tooth. I inhereited it from Cinderella's fairy godmother, she was a dear friend long ago. And when its your first tooth, its extra glitter, otherwise known as fairy dust. I am always happy (except when I pick up a tooth with a cavity, then I get a little sad) I am very shy and do not care to be seen when I am at work. I like to be anonymous in my fairy dealings. My rewards are sometimes generous, sometimes meager. The reason being, sometimes I just cant carry alot on my wings, every fairy has those days. I am best friends with Mrs. Clause and the Easter Bunny. I have even heard that kids are as excited to see me as they are to see Santa clause, that is a compliment of the highest regard. I very much prefer one pillow versus two, preferably feather, my little fairy arms have a mighty difficult time lifting all that fluff. Last night, on a routine tooth recovery, I got a call on my fairy phone that this tooth was no ordinary tooth. It was the very first baby ever to leave this precious girls mouth. I got very excited and my wings fluttered faster that they have in millenniums. I found the closest flower petal, grabbed my dew drop glitter pen and penned a special little something for this special little beauty. I tucked it in my wing and off I went. As I approached her window, I got a wee bit stuck and lost some of my glitter behind, what a mess I can make sometimes when I get excited! I pinned my note to her pink curtain, lifted her light as a feather pillow and dropped my treasure in her wooden box. Well, wouldn't you know, I got stuck in there too, I have never left so much fairy dust behind in my life! She was such a pretty little thing, her light shined so brightly, even when asleep. And she had the most fantastic Dora and boots pillow my fairy eyes have laid eyes to, but I digress, I knew this tooth would be just what I was looking for. I needed that perfect tooth to illuminate my whimsical and all so important tooth fairy-ing trails. Tonight was a magical night indeed...even for Ms. Magic herself.
Dear Isabella,
Your sweet little tooth is magic to me
For it comes from a girl as sweet as can be
It sparkles and shines just like you
and will be my perfect night light with a drop of fairy dust....or two.
You have a beautiful smile, as white as can be
so please brush your teeth and leave them for me
So, until next time, when you leave me such treasure,
I'll leave something for you that will give you much pleasure.
Love,
the Tooth Fairy
and it just so happened that she lost her tooth on her dads birthday, she couldnt have been any more elated!

7 comments:
Oh kristen, how sweet are you? You need to write a childrens book about this! With your photos!
O.k. Krisen, you truly amaze me!!! What an amazing poem from such an amazing mom, oh I mean Tooth Fairy!
You are darling. Seriously. I can't believe you have the energy and creativity to be such a fun mom. I LOVE the poem, the photos, all of it. You are going to have no regrets when your kids are raised that you didn't take enough photos!
Bella is lucky to have the cutest mom/tooth fairy ever!
You are the best tooth fairy ever! Jen is so right, you'll have no regrets about not enough photos, but by the same token, about motherhood. You will always be able to say you put your whole heart in it! You're incredible!
Oh.. I just love the post. You did it GRREat.. i am so glad that I am able to be here, and was here for bells very first toothy fairy experience! She's too cute for words..
How CUTE are you?!?! I only hope that someday I will be able to do all the fun things that I see other moms doing. We've got a while for the tooth fairy, though.
Post a Comment