I never used to watch the news. Although I understand the importance of being informed, I dont mind being in the dark over all the bad things going on.
I dont know if its just me, but lately I have felt so much gloom over the state of our world. Everytime I turn on the TV or listen to the radio I am hearing about another natural disaster or tradgedy involving the death of innocent people. Tornado's shootings, floodings, fires, war, etc, etc...and to add to all this, the new changes to our leadership in this country, which will be a good thing I think, but its still unsettling to me, as any change is in my case. All my life I have been reading about or taught about the "Latter Days". It hasnt been until the last few days however that I've felt like I am actually living in them. I just feel a strange something inside me that makes me pause and temporarily *panic* over the safety of my small children as the years progress and the state of the world gets crazier...I dont like this negative feeling and I want to focus on the positive.
For this reason I am re-shifting my focus to not be in the fears of the future, for which I have no control, but the postive, lovely and delightful parts of this world and my life inparticular. My blessings if you will. What gives me the greatest joy is my family, my children. The simple day to day goings on of my growing beautiful kids who are filled with light and beauty and crazy funny quirky little ways. They are my future and my happiness. They turn it all around for me. For them ,I want to be the most positive uplifting mother I can be so when the hard times hit, as we know they will, I, with Buddy can be their best resource and our home their safe place.
On this note, I am posting pictures of the simple pleasures of today. We played all day starting with the best picnic ever by miss B! Just look at the spread! Then to a lovely walk with her baby "Island" . And Moses was just the best little boy in the world! He has 4 honkin teeth comming in at once so he has been a little cranky lately. Today we saw a reprise, my son is back! They even had to be in the car for 2 hours this evening right at dinner time because we had a car crisis in provo, and they played the entire time. God bless them.




p.s. I cant help but think of Olivia when I look at this picture. One day she called and left the funniest msg on our machine that we just loved! It went something like " Hello Bella, what are you doing...I know Moses has buck teeth...call me back" And heh, the girls right, that Mr. Binks does reak havic on little teath, but who cares, he loves it and I love my little buck tooth boy and the no binkie smile is the best!!!



8 comments:
What awesome photos...not to mention awesome journaling. I love your thoughts! You are such a sweet, good person, Kristen!
Great post, Kristen. Nice insight.
Cute post. I love hearing what you are thinking since you are not so close and I don't feel like I can just reach out to you! I love the skirt and the snow boots. That is true style. I love the Moses smile. I remember that funny message. But to Olivia, buck teeth are a good thing.......read "Molly Lou Melon" and you will see why!
I miss him SO much! He has brenny's smile.. we are for sure chinese.. I am thanking dad for all our lovley, hatch eyes. Bella is so precous.. she is going to die when mom and dad come in a week....
Amen sister. My thoughts exactly. Whenever I feel any kind of panic or hopeless feelings about the world, I try to quickly turn that energy into something positive. Good for you. Great pictures by the way. I love the chair in the picture of Moses. Where did you find that, or is it Grandmas?
Thank you for the sweet comments you guys!
Jen - We are going to have to go check out that book!
Ann, yes, he certainly has Brennies smile, its the best.
Lyric- the sofa is my grandma's, its kind of cool huh!
okay you are just awesome and I want you camera and your brains. I love the pictures!! You have the best blog and I love that you post frequently because then I can look forward to them all the time!! Thanks. You can tell to by your blogs how good of a mom you are!! take care!!
Joce
Post a Comment